Thursday, September 30, 2004

Who Said Confidence Doesn't Matter

To the single female readers: ever wonder why that guy who is at the bar, in your class, at your work who keeps checking you out does not ask out? I know why, it's because he is a wimp.

That's not me. No, I have confidence which is what lead me to go ahead and ask out Shygirl. Before today I hadn't mustered up that confidence, but the circumstances proved right and the time was ripe for asking her out to coffee.

See Shygirl is a girl who is in a couple of my classes. She is friendly, attractive, and getting to know me a little better. I'm in law school, which is a three year stint, and right now I'm in my third year. During the first year you are in a section that shares the same classes with each other (e.g. like what happens in many middle schools), so you really get to know a third or a quarter of your law school class. Shygirl was in my section the first year, but I never knew it.

This is a part of why she is called the Shygirl. She is doesn't like to speak in class and is fairly quiet in class. However, last year I saw her by the mailboxes (around the last day of school) and had an instant crush. This year I found that we shared two classes, so I started to smile at her, said hi, and found myself lucky enough to see her finding a seat right by me in one of my classes.

For awhile I was thinking about asking her out to coffee, so that I can see if there might be some interest. It took me a little while, but today I went ahead and asked her out. She was happy that I asked and said that she would like to go and get coffee next week. We are going to go on Monday, which means that I will be able to determine if there is something more to it at that point.

Next week we'll see if I ask her to go on a real date.


Comments:

Again I guess "truth."