Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Cloudy Brain

Today I'm having a difficult time thinking about anything besides my dismal performance in Consumer Law. This is a class that focuses, in large part, on suits brought under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. This is a statute that has guidelines for what constitutes a consumer, requirements for sellers, warranties, and disclaimers that might arise.

It's complicated but statutes are my forte. I excel in interpreting statutes and understanding the legal decisions that have interpreted specific provisions.

This was not the situation today; I fucked it all up when I was called on.

I'm not sure whether it was my mind being on other matters or the fact that I hadn't really read the cases today, but I wasn't with it. The professor decided to ask me questions about things like where the implied warranty of workmanlike repairs arises from and I had absolutely no idea. This only started the stream of stupid comments.

Class ended after a flood of stupid answers only to be corrected by the professor. I was lucky that she didn't ask me to talk to her after class about being completely unprepared for class.


Comments:

Uh.....LIE!