Sunday, October 17, 2004

The Curse of the OU Fan

After driving around a bunch of OU fans, I was stuck sitting near them at a sports bar today. In Dallas I always noticed them when they come down for OU/Texas weekend. I realized that they were obnoxious then, but I thought that maybe it was just the environment. It wasn't until today that I realized that it's not a periodic sort of annoying but a curse on them. OU fans are cursed to be the most annoying people in the world.

It's a pity because some of the girls who were at various bars this past OU/Texas weekend were hot. Too bad they are OU fans.

I go with my step-father and grandfather to see the OU at K-State game this morning, and end up at a sports bar filled with mainly OU fans. I'm not sure if it is some alumni group or what, but they were idiots. I will illustrate many reasons why they are such annoying idiots.

First off, the game was very close and at times K-State was winning. K-State isn't ranked while OU is number 2. You shouldn't be happy that your team is playing like shit, you should be pissed off. Second, this is the championship game and isn't worth much of anything. Therefore, it doesn't make sense that after each first down you start screaming and cheering about things. No need to stand on your feet. No need to yell out "Boom...er...Soon...er." We realize that you're happy to see a first down. Maybe you could stick with a high five though. Finally, when you do your stupid cheer you don't have to yell out "Texas....Sucks."

The reason you will want to say away from the Texas sucks cheer is twofold. First, you aren't playing Texas today, so it makes you look even stupider. Second, in all conceivable ways Texas is a superior school than OU. Academically they are stronger on all counts. As far as sports, with the negligible exception of football, Texas is a more superior school than you. As far as professors, again, Texas is superior. In every way and every day Texas does nothing but make OU look like the shitty school up north. This little cheer that you do at meaningless times only reminds the rest of the country of why you have an inferiority complex.

Anyhow, I don't care much about K-State, but I decided that whenever they made a good play I would be equally annoying. Yelling, screaming, and even cackling at the OU fans. I'm a little surprised they didn't kick my ass. While Texas might be better than OU, I was not bigger than these guys.


Comments: