Friday, October 22, 2004

Live from Austin it's Friday night

I went from going to a happy hour in Dallas to ending up in Austin with one girl I sort of know and a guy she is friends with and two other girls who rent the apartment.

How did it happen? I had a free afternoon, so I went with a friend to Chuy's to celebrate the birthday of my friend. After a couple drinks I was talking to the girl about how I hadn't been to a good concert in awhile. Her friend said that he was heading to Austin after we got done with happy hour to see a show. For whatever reason I thought it would be a good idea to go with this girl to Austin and see a concert. Now I'm here...

The guy has friends who rent a really swank apartment near UT. They aren't students or anything, but they do work in politics. One is a speechwriter for the Democratic Party in Austin. I'm not exactly sure what that entails...The other is a Congressional Aide who is in Austin to work on some legislation for an indeterminate amount of time.

We're about to head out to see the show. I've got to be at home tomorrow to attend a wedding, so I hope that I'm not too hungover.


Comments: