Monday, October 04, 2004

No Coffee; No Shygirl

Today I woke up to the sound of thunder and pouring rain and my cat freaking out. It might have been either the crack leaving her system or cats not enjoying thunder. I'm not sure which but she's a little badass kitty, so I don't think she was scared. More than likely it was a bad come down.

Anyhow, I got to school and did a little studying before heading over to meet Shygirl. She was where we planned to meet. The rain was coming down in heaps. We both suggested that maybe it wasn't a great day to walk down the street to Starbucks. Shygirl seemed disappointed and said that we should definitely plan another time. We sort of stumbled around for a minute trying to figure out what was going on.

"Wednesday sucks for me." "Ok, Tuesday?" "I dunno" "Next week?" "I don't want to wait that long." "When?" "When?" "When?" "I dunno."

Finally we stopped being dumb and realized that we have class together on Tuesday and Thursday until 12:15 and then our next class together at 2:00. We've upgraded coffee to going to lunch together on Thursday. That's the rain bonus. Now you'll have to wait to see what happens with Shygirl until then. It seems like a good sign to me that she was so eager to come up with a new time instead of just saying, "we'll have to try again another time."

Thank you rain god.


Comments: