Saturday, October 02, 2004

(Not) Catching the Z's

This week has been such a trainwreck that I've only been able to average about 5 hours of sleep. I used to be fine with just five hours, but I've started to need seven hours to feel well rested. I stayed home last night so that I could get to bed a little earlier than normal. And I did until Dominos called.

Domino's is a girl who I was casually dating. At some point I lost interest in her and she still hasn't lost interest in me. Despite the no interest, I let her keep me on the phone for over an hour and half. This made it about 3:30am before I was able to fall asleep.

What were we talking about on the phone? I honestly can't remember all of it. Something about the comedians she saw at a comedy club. Yes, she tried to retell the joke; they were butchered. The main reason I stayed on the phone was because she was lost.

See Dominos lives in Irving, Texas and had been hanging out in Fort Worth. For those of you who don't know the DFW metroplex it is pretty simple the Ft. Worth, Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, and Dallas relationship on the map. That is their order from West to East. Simple enough. She was in Ft. Worth so she needed to take the main highway through Arlington to Irving. Which way did she travel? Further West from Ft. Worth! I don't know where she thought she was heading. She called me and had her directions all screwed up.

After I got her turned the right direction she kept taking exits and making herself get even MORE lost. I don't know why I didn't hang up the phone but I kept trying to redirect her. Probably the best thing would have been to call the DWI Squad because she seemed pretty blitzed.

Now I'm awake because my cat alarm clock won't allow me to sleep in. Now I have no more than five hours of sleep yet again. Now I'm cranky with Dominos even more than before.

Moral of the story is that if you're a girl and you call me late at night I won't hang up on you, because who needs sleep?


Comments:

'truth' - got a few girls who do exactly the same to me, ring me early in the morning or late at night