Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Raining on Fogerty

This evening I ran into my downstairs neighbor, Fogerty, while getting my mail. Fogerty is a 40-something male divorcee who wears jean shorts, scrappy t-shirts, and his hair long. Think of a really dorky "The Dude." It's god awful but he's an ex-hippy who is passionate about being cool, so I'll stick up for him until the bitter end. Fogerty really tripped me up today. The conversation went something like this:

Me: What's up Fogerty?
Fog: Hey man! How's it going?
Me: Hump days suck.
Fog: Yeah, but man, that rain these past few days really got me down.
Me: Fogerty, it hasn't rained since the weekend really.
Fog: Really?
Me: Yesterday was awesome outside. It was in the mid-70s with clear skies.
Fog: I don't know...are you sure?
Me: Yeah...
Fog: Shit man it passed me! It passed me.
Me: I hate when that happens.
Fog: You know what man, I think they are doing that debate thing tonight.
Me: Oh yeah, the last Presidential debate.
Fog: Do you...are you...do you vote?
Me: I do vote...you?
Fog: Oh man, I'm for the drug guy.
Me: Drug guy? Is it some sort of a third party?
Fog: I don't think so that President guy.
Me: Oh, I don't think that Bush is really all that pro drugs but they'll talk some tonight about domestic issues.
Fog: He was a partier in his day man.
Me: That day is gone now. He'd lock your ass up if he caught you with drugs.
Fog: (Laughing) Yeah, I guess you're right.
Me: I gotta take off...good hearing from you.
Fog: Oh sure man...it's the best time of the year.

I wonder how he comes up with this stuff but it's always a surprise when I run into him.


Comments: