Wednesday, November 10, 2004

The Corrections

Today was the day that I had to give my presentation in Death Penalty Project. Overall, I think that I did a pretty good job. There were two groups (four presenters) who worked together to pull together a collective presentation. Each of us took about 20 minutes to discuss our issues. I noted a few things I should work on in presentations.

1. Memorize. I think it helps when you don't have to look at the slides, or notes, in order to discuss your subject. Maybe refer to them but just a starting point. Then discuss the gist of that and allow the people watching to read the slides.

2. Speak slower. I go really fast when I get nervous. This is different from my normal speech pattern. Normal speech pattern, for me, being ass backwards slow. Oh well.

3. Eye contact. It sort of goes with why I should memorize the material. It's nice to make eye contact with people.

That's really about everything I can think of improving. Like I said, I think that I did an alright job overall. I am glad to be done.


Comments: