Tuesday, November 23, 2004

An Early Thanksgiving

This weekend my family was visiting me in town, so I was able to spend a lot of time with them. The visit made me happy because I will be unable to go home this Thanksgiving due to the stress of school. I have to write a paper, study for finals, and continue in my job search.

My mother and grandmother came from Wichita on Tuesday. For a couple of days they stayed in Fort Worth with relatives I had not met. My mom came to Dallas on Thursday to hang out with me, my sister, and my little nephew and niece. Then on Friday they went back to Fort Worth after a morning and lunch hanging out. My sister went back to her home in Killeen.

On Saturday I went out to Fort Worth to have an early Thanksgiving celebration with the extended family. I hadn't really met any of them before this week, so I was excited to be there. It was surprising how many friendly relatives I had who I didn't know. Not to mention, there were a lot of cute cousins that I had never met, so I'm glad to know they are family. A few of them live in Dallas, so I know to watch out for the distant cousins when I'm out at a bar. All in all, it was a lot of fun to meet them all. It made my grandmother really happy as she is quite proud of me.

If I don't get to go home for Thanksgiving, this made it better.


Comments:

I'm going to guess "lie" on this one. If you hadn't run across these Dallas relatives at all, why do you think you'll see them in a bar?