Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Ending it All

Today was the parting party for the criminal defense clinic. This semester I served at a chief counsel in the clinic, so I'm completely done now. No more clients until I graduate and no more fun times in the clinic. It's sad to say goodbye to it, but I will gladly take the memories.

The point of this post isn't to pontificate about my feelings about law and cool clinics. No, I intend to say a few things about the party that we had. First of all, I didn't have anything alcoholic to drink despite the fact others were buying. That's odd. I've got finals on my mind, so I don't want to hinder myself. Second, we sat at this long table. I think that most people know what happens when you get a lot of people and a long table: conversations get become separated into smaller groups. It's just like you have two or three separate tables. I ended up in the middle. This makes things even worse because you are on the outskirts of two conversations. I didn't really like that, so after thirty or so minutes I pulled up a chair with the group that I preferred.

All in all a fun little party.


Comments: