Saturday, November 27, 2004

Finally Studying

After a day of not doing anything all that productive, I decided that today I would get some work done. I slept in a little this morning and skipped my daily workout routine so that I could get my swerve on. I think that swerve means writing a paper for your death penalty class.

Footnoting a paper is not fun. If anyone ever tells you that footnotes are cool you should immediately punch them in the gut. They need to rethink their negative course in life. A good punch to the stomach will definitely change things for them.

I turned on the TV so that I could have some sports on in the background. A lot of people think that watching TV is a distraction. In my experience it is no different than listening to music in the background. Both of them are just white noise for me in the background that help me concentrate a little more on what I'm doing. I'm a little ADD with some things, so I need to have a little distraction.

I finished the paper and started work on my resume. I now have two different versions of my resume that are a little different depending on who I apply with. One is more conservative while the other is a little more liberal. Nothing is a lie in it...just the experiences change and the way I order things.

After that I read, and tried to memorize, ten pages of my consumer law outline. That's a little more fun for me than footnoting, but I'd still suckerpunch the fool who enjoys studying for law school finals.

After it got to be about ten p.m. I decided that it was time to watch a few episodes of Playmakers. I haven't seen any of it yet, so I decided to rent it from Blockbusters. My initial thoughts are that it's pretty out there. It's like they wanted a mixture of Any Given Sunday and Boston Public. I can understand why the NFL pressured ESPN to stop producing the show.

Now it's about time for me to head to bed. Tomorrow is going to be filled with more marathon studying.

I hope that everyone is having a good Thanksgiving weekend.


Comments: