Sunday, November 21, 2004

Litter Bugs

This evening when I was walking out to my car I noticed another vehicle driving into the parking lot. I decided to stall for a minute, because I didn't want that vehicle to take my prime parking spot right as I was leaving. I walked around for a minute and the driver circled off. Then I got into my car and shut the door so my light wouldn't be shining. The guy eventually parked and walked across the parking lot towards his apartment. He was drinking something from one of those white Styrofoam cups as he passed my truck. He didn't notice me sitting in the truck (mission accomplished), but I noticed him throw his trash into some nearby bushes.

I'm not a big fan of people who litter, in this case there was absolutely no excuse as he was twenty feet from his apartment, or of litter being left around. I decided to go and get the trash and possibly put that cup on in his windshield wiper so that he would see it the next day. I walked over and retrieved the empty cup and decided to take it over to the dumpster. At this point the guy walks back out of his apartment and sort of saw what I was doing. He went to another car (possibly his wife's car?) and got a bag from it. Then when he was trying to avoid any eye contact with me, I blurted out, "try not to throw that into the bushes." He looked over sort of sheepishly and walked back into his apartment.

I'm not sure why I get so confrontational about things. I'm not all that large of a person, I never lift weights or box or anything, so I'm pretty sure most people would destroy me in a fight. Strangely enough I'm constantly saying shit that I really don't need to say. In this situation, however, I would have kicked the guy's ass if he had tried anything.


Comments:

Been reading your blog for awhile. I like the way you write, especially with your descriptions of others. funny.

guessing smu law school.
My guess is truth on this one.