Thursday, November 04, 2004

Running Over This Thing

When you go on runs do you hate it when you hit those little manhole covers? Seriously...

I think that there is a huge problem with having these things around because they go clang when you hit them. I'm not sure why it bothers me so much, but I always end up stepping on them during my runs. Then I hear this clang noise and want to run faster because I get scared. When I get scared the people running around me seem to get nervous.

Today I clanged and sort of darted off it. This girl who I just passed probably thought I was nuts. Very strange if you ask me, but I guess that this is just the way things go sometimes. You run over the manhole covers and make girls hate you.

Clang.


Comments:

Look at it this way. Were it not for the man hole covers, stepping in that same space would far worse than getting scared. Th-wump crack scrape-scream-curse.