Monday, November 01, 2004

Who Drank the Wine?

This evening I was running around in circles as I tryed to network with as many people as I could, however, it was hampered by my drunken state. I was invited, by my summer employer, to a fund raising banquet for their organization. They are a great non-profit that outsources pro bono participation in a type of law I am interested in practicing.

I drove over to the art museum where this shin-dig was located and noticed that a bunch of valets were swarming around the museum. There is no way I'm going to let someone valet my sweet car. Oh, it is a sweet ass truck replete with manual lock doors and a clutch. I drove off to a lot where you could pay to park, threw my five bucks into the box, and ran across the street to find my friends.

Everyone was there! Friends from school who had nothing to do with this organization, friends who were there this summer, my co-workers, my arch-enemy from school, and a bunch of old people. That is right there were a ton of old people running around with their wine. I decided that I should follow there lead. The wine guy and I became fast friends.

After enough running around with glass after glass of wine I decided it was time to start networking. I told as many people as I could that I was already drunk and needed a summer job. For whatever reasons nobody made me an offer. Before long I decided that I had spent more than enough time with my arch-enemy and decided to go home. However, I stopped to grab a sandwich at Potbellys because they are awesome. Then I watched football with more alcohol.

To sum up the evening: Wine, arch enemies, networking for idiots, meatball sub, beer, and football.

Now I'll pass out.


Comments: