Saturday, December 18, 2004

Driving to Austin

I went down to Austin on Thursday to meet with a couple of professors of theater who are thinking about including my most recent play in their production series. From how it sounds it is because it is a very character driven play.

One of the interesting things about meeting with them was how professional the entire meeting was. I'm really nothing special when it comes to writing, but I've fallen into the right opportunities. That is the only thing that has set me apart from other people who write. Somehow I made the right contacts. It is weird that I have found my way when I have friends who seem to be more talented.

Anyhow, they are very professional when you meet with them. They seem to be impressed with my work and what I had to say. It's was quite a bit of fun. I'm not sure if it will happen or not, but I was one of the local playwrights that they wished to talk to about the upcoming series.


Comments: