Thursday, December 16, 2004

Passing By

Today I was driving out to my friend's house for some lunch. I wasn't paying much attention, because of my cell phone. I know, in a lot of places it is illegal to talk on your cell phone while you're driving without a headset. However, I wasn't talking on it, but retrieving it after it fell down by my feet. See, a few weeks ago I bought this little pad that is supposed to hold your cell phone. The surface of it is a little bit tacky, which helps the phone to stay put. At least, they said that it was supposed to hold the phone. It didn't this time so the phone fell down and caused a lot of noise and misery.

I didn't get into a wreck, but I was close to it. What happened was that I cut off this car and then my foot, while I was trying to kick the cell phone out from under my clutch pedal, hit the brakes and caused me to almost schreech to a halt. The person behind me schreech and a couple cars honked. I continued to try to find my cell phone.

Then the car that I cut off and stopped short on passed me. I saw that it was a student driver car! And, if this wasn't enough, to add insult to injury the student driver was like 40 years old. She's learning to drive with assholes like me on the road.


Comments: