Thursday, December 30, 2004

Swinging on the Christmas Tree

This was a good Christmas for me. I was able to come home for a couple weeks to spend time with family, friends, and a few attorneys in a small bankruptcy/family law/personal injury/intellectual property firm.

Yes, it was Christmas in Kansas with all my siblings driving me just insane enough that I decided to work during the days.

Overall it was a very nice Christmas. In the grand tradition of things, we went to the Christmas Eve family service at our church. They did the usual thing of singing a few Christmas related hymns, their enactment (complete with a live horse!) of the birth of Jesus, and finally a candle-lit chorus of Silent Night. Our family followed that by a small gathering at our house with my grandparents, cousin, and Uncle. My sister and her family were also staying at my parent's house, so there was a good sized group of us.

Later that evening we opened a lot of our presents. I got all that I needed and more. DVDs of the Seinfeld series, books, and gift certificates to buy clothes. That's really what I wanted for the most part.

On Christmas day we had a nice breakfast, opened the rest of our presents, and had family over for a bigger dinner. After eating a lot of food we watched football on TV.

Everything was just how it was supposed to be.


Comments:

Long time no comment. Happy new year!