Thursday, January 27, 2005

Artistic Fiend

Alright so I'm a sucker for people who are artistic. I'm a little tipsy right now, but I must admit that in the grand scheme of things I'm a hack. I write decently. I come up with a few good ideas for plays. But I am certainly no Tony Kushner, Tennessee Williams, or even Sam Shepard.

No.

This is why I love hanging out with people who are the shit.

Yes.

This evening I went out to dinner with Biggity (a visual artist with one show under his belt and a very promising career), Peru (a smart, talented, and attractive photographer who works with Biggity, and Russian Girl who is an art student). I had to get a little homework done, so I didn't go with them to an art opening.

I got a call a little while later asking if I wanted to meet them at a bar in a sort of cool area in Dallas. I went over there to meet them. They had a guy who was the director of a gallery and a young art professor (ceramics) along for the beers.

It was great! It makes me wish that I had a little more talent, then I wouldn't have to rely on being a lawyer to make ends meet.


Comments: