Saturday, January 15, 2005

Grocery Store Trips

I didn't have much that I needed to buy, but I decided that I ought to go to the grocery store today.

The motivation was the fact that they had 12-packs of coca-cola products on sale for 4/$10. I like to buy them when they are less than $3. There were a few interesting things that I saw while at the grocery store:

  • I saw a law student (or recent graduate) who probably was from my school. He was wearing shorts and a stupid shirt that had an emblem (think of the FBI sort of thing) and said "Law Student Division." The oddest part was the wearing a t-shirt and shorts when it is 40 degrees outside. I can't understand it.
  • Those really good Tollhouse cookies were on sale. I opted not to buy them because I'm an idiot. Give me cookies!
  • I bought a six pack of Amstel Light despite never having one before. I think it is pretty good light beer. Truth in advertising?
  • My checkout lady was trying to be flashy with the lady in front of me. She sort of swung the 12 pack and dropped it on the floor. Caffeine-free diet coke went everywhere. Heh.
I ended up spending $30ish on things I really didn't need. Tomorrow I'll make tacos though! Woohoo.


Comments: