Friday, January 14, 2005

Lateness Lately

It seems that I've been really remiss on giving my daily update on this blog. It really shouldn't be difficult as I just say something that happened every day, or I make up something.

Today was a boring day though. Yesterday was a boring day. Everyday lately has seemed to be a little boring. However, that wouldn't bother me so much because I could change a few of the facts and make it more interesting. The problem has been that I have been really busy getting some of the start of the semester matters in order.

What I intend to do right now is just explain my process of coming up with the lie posts. In all of my writing: here, poetry, and my semi-successful playwriting, I draw on things that I already know. It isn't always autobiographical, because I have some qualms against that in creative writing. Actually, there is a good debate about the merits and demerits of using autobiography in professional creative writing. I fall into the category of feeling that it creates inferior work.

I digress, when I write lies they are usually autobiographical because it's easier to be believable. What I mean by this is that when you read one of the lies it usually is something that I considered boring, but saw an opportunity to make it more exciting. No doubt, there have been a few posts that were entirely made up. However, there are quite a few of the lies that have an element of truth in them.

That is how I develop the posts. I hope that it's difficult to tell the difference. I know that a few of you just like to read and other people like to make guesses. I don't really think it matters. I enjoy when you guess, but I think that as long as you are enjoying what you read then my job is served. Also, I think that overall this blog gives a very accurate description of who I am and what I am about. The lies don't tend to be so extravagant that you would think I'm an entirely different person than reality.

I think this is good because blogs are, in many ways, about building a relationship. The purpose here is to just make it happen with a bit of a twist. It also allows me to say some things I wouldn't otherwise say, because I can hope you won't believe it is true!


Comments:

Thanks Denny!