Sunday, January 02, 2005

Odd Grocery Store Trips

Do you ever have the strangest conversations at grocery stores?

Seriously, for me it's one crazy ass trip or another whenever I go to the grocery store. One time it was the bottom falling out of the pack of Guinness bottles that I picked up. They shattered right in front of the girl I had been checking out.

Another time I attempted to talk to a girl who was smiling a lot. Come to find out, she had a boyfriend who was getting a couple steaks or something. He wasn't pleased to find me trying to get the phone number from his girlfriend.

Today I was sort of complimented by a couple checkers. I went to check out and the girl who was actually checking me out commented on my box of Lucky Charms. It was white for the winter seasons. This girl thought that was cute and wanted to give me a hard time for getting a "cute box of cereal." After that, her friend came over and asked me if I wetted my hair.

That's right, she said, "did you wet your hair today?"

Strange.

It was pretty early in the morning, so I think that my hair was still a little wet. Right now it is long enough that it's curling up, so I'm not sure how easy it is to determine that it's wet. She did.

I said, "yes, in fact, I took a shower not too long ago."

She seemed a little sheepish and replied, "I like it...it looks nice."

My hair impresses check out girls at the grocery store. Beat that.


Comments:

I once had a check-out guy say he wanted to follow me home. When the guy in line behind me asked "What did you say?" the check-out guy said "Well, just becasue she has good food." I am not sure which was more disturbing, the stranger check-out guy hitting on me or the stranger behind me in the line ready to defend.
Did you wet your hair today or something?