Thursday, January 06, 2005

Sergeant Bilco

I got a ticket today for an illegal U-Turn.

I'll admit, there was a sign at the intersection that showed u-turns are illegal. However, the officer did a couple things wrong that should give me an easy victory in traffic court.

1. He told me that he can't stand people that drive foreign cars. Interesting point of view. I'd like for someone to show me a new car that is purely American. I bet you can't do it. My vehicle is a Nissan, which is manufactured in Tennessee; just like that whiskey you're enjoying.

2. The sign clearly said that u-turns were not allowed from 10 PM until 4 AM. I'm guessing the restriction is either to cut down on people cruising this road or because u-turns might be more dangerous at the posted times. Maybe it's just a nonsense restriction. Regardless, I was u-turning at 3:00 PM.

I pointed that out to the officer, and he told me that I could fight it in court if I didn't agree with the ticket.

He doesn't realize that I'm a law student with little else to do in my mornings than put strikes on stupid police officer's record.


Comments: