Thursday, March 10, 2005

Ordering the same of different

Does everyone else out there go to the same restaurants and fast food places to eat each week? I've found about five or six places that I really like, and I often go to one or two of those more than the others.

With work and school it makes it really difficult for me to have enough time to cook my own food. Plus I'm not a good cook, so I often find food to eat at restaurants that I like. This means that I will stop by places that are convenient after work. Like I said, this usually comes down to two or three places.

I'm also a bit of a creature of habit, so I've fallen into various schedules of where I go on different days. Not through any sort of planning, but just because I don't like to go to the same place twice in a row. The problem is that this habit has allowed employees at the restaurants to catch onto my game.

My selection of food is usually the same. I like to go to Chipotle and get a bol or the chicken crispy tacos with the same choices of toppings. I get hot salsa, cheese, and lettuce. No sour cream or guacamole for me, thanks.

If I go to Potbelly Sandwiches then I will usually get a turkey and swiss sandwich. This will be with mustard and lettuce. However, I can throw them off sometimes by ordering it with some hot peppers. The other thing that really gets them is the rare meatball sandwich that I will order in which I top it with hot peppers and italian seasoning.

Sometimes I stop at a Mexican food resturant and order cheese enchiladas. Sometimes I stop at Chick-fi-la and get a southwest chicken salad.

Well, today my game came crashing down when the guy at Potbelly asked me something about if I order the same thing each time. Oh, and at Chipotle the manager girl knows my name.


Comments: