Monday, February 28, 2005

Scorned and Burned At the Bar

On Saturday night I went out with my friend Digits. Digits was a theater major and is now doing plays and a little bit of commercial work in New York. He came into town this weekend to hang out with a girl he met on the set for a Crate and Barrel commercial.

He stayed over at my place after he got in really late on Friday. Saturday afternoon we went for a run where he told me about wanting to go out to meet this girl. Actually, he described her as being unbelievable. This was all nice and fine but why would I want to be a third wheel? He convinced me that she had a friend who was going to come out too.

Curtis has a date!

Fast forward to that evening. We go out to one of the really ritzy clubs here in Dallas and meet the girls. After a few drinks things seemed to be going well. That is until two other guys came over who were apparently friends with the girls. They joined us and were talking to the girls. The one I was speaking with completely lost interest in me and focused on the new guys.

Finally the guys said that there was an exclusive party downtown that they could get into so they left without asking us to go. While we were happy seeing them go we didn't want the girls to leave. They did.

After this we were left with the tab which we paid and left. We went down to an area of town called deep ellum. We went by a couple of the dance clubs and a drank a lot more. Danced a little with a few girls and then ended up leaving after it closed. We stumbled around in the deep ellum area for a little while until we made it back to my apartment.

He left pretty early on Sunday.


Comments:

I'm going for "lie" on this one, just because I can't believe that the two would meet in New York, then rendezvous in Texas where she has friends.