Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Shopping at the Gap

Today I had to run by the mall to get my ring size measured. I felt a little bad going into a jewelry store to have my finger measured without any intention of buying a ring, but I think the girl working there looked pretty bored.

After getting all of that done, I decided to go shopping. Actually, I needed to go shopping because my favorite pair of jeans just developed a couple little holes. I can't believe it but it's true. Don't you hate it when you lose your favorite pair of jeans?

I walked around in the Banana Republic, but I decided that spending 70 dollars on a pair of jeans was a little over doing it. Maybe not. Maybe they would be great jeans that would make my legs all the happier, but I decided to skip it.

Instead I walked to the lower quality place and stopped by the Gap. Normally I shop at Old Navy or even Target (yeah, the sweater type thing that I bought there was messed up within a year) or the sale rack at Banana Republic, but I decided that I should step up to the regular priced rack at The Gap. I bought a pair of jeans there for about 40 bucks. That's about 10 to 15 dollars more than Old Navy. It's about 15 to 20 dollars less than at Banana Republic.

Does anybody know if there is any real difference in quality of look? I believe that these jeans look better fitting than my others but it might be psychological. Anyhow that is about it besides the weird looking mannequins. They pinned the shirts in the back so that they were pulled really tight. It was odd.


Comments: