Monday, April 18, 2005

Signing the Contract

I'm in the middle of a handful of things right now, so I wasn't excited when one of the events fell through. Right now I'm packing boxes, because I'm moving in the morning. The movers are coming to load my stuff and deliver it to my new apartment. It's in an area of town that I like more despite a longer commute to work. I'm not excited about the commute (and I'm a little worried about the size of the apartment), but I am really looking forward to the area.

They told me that I could come in this evening to sign the lease and pick up the keys. Well, I did as they suggested and they realized that the maintenance guy forgot to make my keys. This is good and bad. It's good because they changed out the locks on the apartment, so the old person can't have a spare key hidden somewhere and come back. It's still a sort of upsetting start to things because it shows they are forgetful (I guess this is just a little thing since my official move in is tomorrow), but I wanted to move things in. I had a few bags of things that I wanted to move in.

This is all made stressful because I'm also studying for finals. Actually, the moving part is fun. I'm one of those people who actually enjoys moving my stuff to new places. I don't own a whole lot of things, so I don't have any real issues with moving. It's just fun for me! The finals next week are not fun.


Comments: