Sunday, April 03, 2005

Something Tells Me It Was Love

Saturday evening I went out to see an art gallery walk because my bestfriend had a few pieces up in one of the dance studios. It was fun, and I was able to give him a ride back to where he lives. He hadn't had dinner so we decided to stop at a mexican food restaurant along the way. All was good and fine until we heard some cackling off to the side. It was a really drunk girl who couldn't have been much older than me. That's about 25 years old. Well, she was being clung to by some guy who might have been grasping for his life. He seemed a little drunk too, but he wasn't drunk enough to forgo doing the following:
  • Grabbing ass multiple times;
  • Sliding his hand in places it shouldn't slide;
  • Grasping her like she was a life raft;
  • Telling her (very loudly) that her daddy is younger than he;
  • Snapping his fingers to get the attention of the bartender;
  • Kissing her neck;
  • Giving her multiple massages;
  • Telling her that her kisses could use more tongue (again, loudly);
  • Whispering a lot of sweet nothings followed by cackling.
Oh, and I'm sure somewhere in the middle of the display he mentioned something about needing to get his retirement paperwork completed as he couldn't have been a day under 65.

I'm not sure why I find this so objectionable when I loved Lost in Translation. Perhaps it is because either the characters in LIT were not so obnoxious or it was fiction. This was sort of foul though.


Comments: