Thursday, May 05, 2005

Dropping the Water

The other day there was quite a bit of rain, so I had a collection of water puddled in the seat on my balcony. My balcony isn't covered by anything and this chair is one of those camping fold up chairs. Once the water evaporates it leaves a ring of dirt. I didn't want to deal with this again, so I went outside to dump the water. My balcony is set up so that the floor is solid, so I decided to just let the water go over the side. Well, I didn't really think about the fact that the wind would bring some of it back towards the building. It was just a fraction of a second before I heard water splashing on the balconies below. It was only a few seconds before I heard the cat lady open her apartment door. Uh...

Needless to say, I ran back into my apartment and shut the door pretty quick. Unfortunately the weather was cool enough that none of the water evaporated. Ugh.


Comments: