Friday, May 20, 2005

Formatting Change

With the change in my daily schedule and new responsibilities that go beyond mere working into the realm of having ethical responsibilities, I've had to reconsider the method in which I blog. Over at Singing Loudly I posted about what to expect on that site.

Of course, this is a very different animal, so I had to think about what I wanted to do. I considered the possibility of scraping this in its entirety, because I'd like to be more consistent. I decided against that because I do like the idea of this blog, and I enjoy writing it. However, I think that I can both make it easier on myself and better.

First, since I'm going to be working in a profession which mandates additional duties on those who are licensed to practice (in addition to some duties on students, clerks, etc), I am going to protect myself by never posting anything (be it truth or lie) about my work. This includes posts referencing co-workers, my own attitudes about the people, the silly tumble down the stairs I might make, and most importantly clients. I just can't do anything that is specific about work.

Second, I think that to provide more consistency and to better serve the purpose of this blog I'm going to make it a consistent twice a week blog. On the weekends, I will post a long post that will contain three items. Two of the stories will be truths while one will be a lie. This will make it easier for anyone reading to be able to guess which is the lie. Furthermore, I will better be able to remember how many lies I've posted.

Finally, at some point during the week I will post a "Lie Detector" sort of post. In it I will tell one of the Truths so that it will narrow the possible lies down to one or the other.

This is the best way I can foresee having the time and dedication to making this successful while still being able to juggle work and other responsibilities. I actually think it's a better format than what I'm currently doing as it more closely resembles the two truths and a lie game.


Comments: