Monday, May 30, 2005

The Pivot Pen

Again, there will be two true stories and one lie contained in this post. Sometime in the mid-week, I will go ahead and reveal one of the true stories. Let's hope you don't pick that as the lie.


Story 1:

Every morning I drive from my apartment to a park and ride parking lot. When I get there I hope on the train that takes me to the place where I take the bar preperation class. This is fun because public transportation affords ample opportunities to meet and watch interesting people. This week, I think that I did a little of the watching and a little of the meeting too.

The meeting came on the trip back on Monday. I was sitting there listening to my ipod music player when three young boys asked me how much I would pay for a little dvd player they had. From there prior conversation it seemed that the item was hot. I told them that I wouldn't pay more than a hundred for it if I was in the market. They said they would sell it for $200. I'm not sure what they didn't understand about my price. Whatever, they then said they would just go and sell it at a pawn shop.

Then I saw an interesting guy on the way to the class later that week. The guy, apparently, liked the music he was listening to. Not only was he singing along but he was dancing and playing the drums against the window on the train. Not so much entertaining as it was boring.


Story 2:

This week I went swimming in the pool at my apartment. There is a group of teens/young adults who like to use the pool in the very late hours of the evening. Since my apartment has a pool view (it is across the creek from the pool), I can usually hear the people going in and out of the pool area. It annoys me that they go out there so late, so I decided that I would go swimming too. Just to ruin their fun a little bit.

I put on my swimsuit and went on over. They didn't seem to be as casual once an outsider was there doing laps in the pool. Actually, it didn't take too long before a few of them decided to leave. The others didn't take to much longer to follow them out of the pool area.

Then later in the week a memo came from the management asking people not to swim in the pool after posted hours. I haven't heard or seen this group out there since.


Story 3:

I went out to the baseball game to watch the Rangers kick a little White Sox ass. Unfortunately, one person in our group didn't make it there until it was a little bit later. It was the second inning or so before he arrived. Since we picked up the tickets at will call, we had to go out and meet him when he arrived. He telephoned to say that he was parking and would get there in a few minutes.

One of my friends went with me to meet him. Since we had a couple minutes we decided to get our dinner and a beer. I decided that I would get the big nachos with all the great toppings. Then I got a Miller Lite to drink. As we waited, we ate our food on the little tables and benches that is near the exterior fence.

I guess that for some reason the guy had to go back to his car after he almost met us. However, he didn't call us to let us know that he was walking all the way back to his car. During this extra time there was a homerun and a great play that we missed as we sat and ate nachos and drank beer.

Alas.


Comments:

Story number 2 is the fake. Now I just have to remember to check back for the answer...