Sunday, June 19, 2005

Restaurant Woes

This past week, I went out to eat a few different times and experienced a couple interesting things.

1. I went to a place called Lovers Pizza, which was obviously a happening place on Friday. There were so many people that the only table was the worst in the place. It was over by itself near the restrooms. I'm never entirely aware why restaurants do this stupid thing. They put a table in a location that is bound to make the customer upset and is out of the way for the waitor. All of this just ends up with upset patrons and employees. Well, at some point during the meal, we are alarmed by the sound of a door banging and being pulled. We look over and see that one of the restrooms is being attacked from within. After a few minutes, the waitress goes over and unlocks the door. I guess that it locks from the outside. The girl was in tears as she accidentally locked herself into the restroom. The waitress asked her if she would like a glass of water...

2. I went to Chipotle after my bar review class. The inside of the restaurant was far too crowded, so my friend and I decided to go outside to eat. There wasn't a cloud in the sky but it suddenly began to rain on us. Very disconcerting but temporary.

3. This story deals with how weird waiters can be. We sat down to eat in the middle of the lunch hour crowd. The waitress trots over and introduces herself and sits down. She says that it's been a rough day and it helps to take a load off every now and then. I wasn't really aware that they could take a load off at the table where patrons are eating. I'm not sure why she didn't go ahead and help herself to some chips and salsa while she was at it.


Comments: