Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The Spendthrift

Ok, since this is posted so late in the week (I try to have the Truth Serum in the middle of the week), I will wait until Thursday or Friday to reveal one of the truths.

This post will not be the typical stories but will be three things that I might have purchased this week. The point is to show how I waste money on stupid things.

1. I spend 90 some dollars on antibiotics, because I didn't wait until the morning to go to the campus pharmacy where it would have been nearly free. Also, if I hadn't waited a week to go and see a doctor, I'm sure that I wouldn't have got a sinus infection.

2. I paid 3 dollars for a bunch of stupid plastic Coca-Cola Dixie cups. There is no reason for me to need these cups. I mean, I like Coca-Cola products, but I certainly didn't need these. What is more, it wasn't even an impulse purchase. I saw them when I was getting my prescriptions, but I passed them up. Today I went back to the CVS place and purchased.

3. Every morning, I buy myself a bottle of Diet Coke at the place where I hear my bar review lectures. The vending machine charges a mere three dollars for a bottle of soda. I could easily buy a pack of six bottles to carry with me to class, but I'm too irrational for that. I could have bought those instead of buying the stupid Coca-Cola cups.


Comments: