Monday, October 25, 2004

Skipping Through Puddles

Today I thought about skipping class because despite the weather reports to the contrary, the weather was nice outside. It wasn't too warm and wasn't too cold. More importantly there wasn't any rain to hinder activities like running.

I had a meeting at school over lunch, so I had to be at school. Once the meeting got done I was going to take off to White Rock Lake to lazily run around the lake. The meeting, unfortunately, went longer than I thought it would run, so I decided that I would stay at school and go to class.

My one class today was Consumer Law, which is the course where I once discussed doing poorly when I was called on via the Socratic Method. The meeting finished within ten minutes of that class starting, so I figured I might as well attend since I was already at school, and I could go on my run when class gets finished.

During class I raised my hand to answer some hypos because the Professor wanted participation rather than calling on people. I have some sort of sick sympathy for professors when students are in the mood to be interactive. It makes me feel guilty, so I'll usually chime in. I typically know the answers so it isn't very painful.

In the middle of the questions there was a loud bang from outside and the walls shook. The storm had come during the class. 45 minutes into class and it starts to pour outside with all sorts of lightening and thunder. So much for going on a run outside today.

The problem was that even though I brought an umbrella, the weather reports forecasted rain storms, I also wore a pair of new shoes. They are great shoes too! The roads around here get all flooded because Dallas doesn't know what to do with rain, so when class got out I avoided going to my car. I figured it would be worth waiting a bit to see if the rain would let up some.

Didn't happen.

I had to make a run out to the car where I attempted to jump over puddles. My shoes were still plenty wet (I'm sorry leather), so I'm worried that they are going to be screwed up. At least when I bought them, a few days ago, the salesman sprayed them with some sort of a watersealant.

Now it's time to put on a swimsuit and flip flops to run through the rain and puddles with friends.


Comments: